MLLANGUAGE with DNN 6.2.2 / no chance to switch the local

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hello

I'd like to use the MLLanguageSelector to switch between German and English.

The MLLanguageSelector is embedded as skin object in the project.

<apo:LANGUAGE runat="server" ID="dnnLANGUAGE"  Hyperlinks="True" Menu="False" Flags="False" DisplayType="ResourceName" Separator=" - " UseStyleSheetForSkinobject="false"/>

Now switching between the languages is failed; the links or flags are displayed correctly, but bothe are mapped to the same language.

http://www.stephani-partner.ch.web01.w3studio.ch/de-ch/kanzlei/advokatur.aspx

Thanks for your answer.

best regards,

sibylle

May 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Hi,
I see from your site that the language selector works. Can you tell me what you did to make it work? I too am using DNN 6.2.2 and the MLLanguageSelector and my content does not change languages, only my menu items.
Thanks
Coordinator
May 29, 2013 at 7:35 AM
on my site i am using the one from the core actually. However, that should not matter. What modules are you using to localize content? Or are you using the core Content Localization Feature?
May 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I initially used the core module that comes with DNN but that displays the language and the country. Example "English (United States) Français (Canada)" etc... but my client doesn't want the countries in the dropdown list so I installed your MLLanguageSelector module and i'm not sure if there is anything else I need to do to make it work but my menu items change according to the language but the content does not. I'm using version 5 of the MLLanguageSelector with version 6.2.2 of DNN. Do I need to re-localize my pages after installing your module? By the way, I'm using it as a skin object and I'm referencing it in my skin...I also read somewhere that if I do that, I need to replace my DotNetNuke.dll file in my bin folder but I can't find the dll to replace it with.
Thanks
Rob

Sent from Samsung Mobile